In this episode, my friend and colleague Greg joins me to talk (ramble, rant, etc) about the topic of food additives. Greg is a graduate student in Chemistry at a large midwestern university. His research focuses on the photochemical and photophysical interactions of particles. (Greg will likely be a regular contributor on Stop. Think. Science! so I’m sure we will hear more about this).
Things we talked about in this episode:
- You can’t believe everything you read, or every expert on the internet
- What exactly is a “Toxin”?
- The “toxicity” of a compound is dependent on its dose
- Food Babe
- Dr. Oz
- Food Babe and airplane travel
- The IARC list of carcinogenicity
- Pumpkin Spice Lattes
If you like what you heard, subscribe and rate us! If not, leave us some constructive feedback!